Acceptance of Terms of Service
Camelot Campaigns, LLC (?Camelot?) offers a service, including but not limited to camelotapp.com and related software applications provided by Camelot (collectively, the ?Service?).
By accessing and using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Camelot reserves the right to limit or terminate your access to the Service if you do not comply with these Terms of Service.
Camelot reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of the Terms of Service at any time, with or without notice to you. Please check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service after the posting of any changes to the Terms of Service means that you have accepted those changes.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service are provided on an ?as is? and ?as available? basis.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Camelot, or any other Camelot service.
- You expressly understand and agree that Camelot shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Camelot has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Camelot to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Camelot and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Camelot. (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Each user account within the Service may only be used by one person?a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Camelot cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized activities.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service.
- Voter data provided for use in the Service may be used in aggregate by Camelot.
Payment, Refunds, Fees, Upgrading, and Downgrading
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts, except as allowed by Camelot.
- Paying accounts will be billed/charged upon completion of account creation process.
- Service of the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. Any refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level (which is determined by the number of voters in your database or other factors, as determined by Camelot), your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrade is only available when the account is eligible for the target downgrade plan.
Cancellation and Termination of Services
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. In order to cancel your account, you must cancel Camelot support at email@example.com.
- Any or all of your data will be permanently removed from our system upon cancellation. This removal cannot be reversed. The data that is lost cannot be restored. Camelot reserves the right to preserve any or all of the data in a non-restorable form.
- If you cancel your plan before the end of your current paid month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again. You will not receive a refund for unused time.
- Camelot, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Camelot service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all data in your Account. Camelot reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to Prices and Plans
- Camelot reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue the operation, support, and service of the Service, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice.
- Details for paid plans, including but not limited to features enumerated on the Website, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Camelot. Such notice may be provided at any time via any channel, including but not limited to digital notices on the Website.
- Prices, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Camelot. Such notice may be provided at any time via any channel, including but not limited to digital notices on the Website.
- Camelot shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.